Income & Financial Stability
United Way fights to put every person, in every community, on a path toward financial empowerment. That starts with access to services, job training, credit counseling and money management programs.
Income and Financial Stability is a major advocacy priority. Collective action objectives among United Ways across the state are to:
- Create/identify and disseminate turnkey educational products and best practices;
- Advocate to preserve and expand TANF/Families First, Tennessee’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program;
- Track and respond to policies impacting SNAP, workforce development, Public Charge, and related areas;
- Protect our Tax deductions for charitable giving;
- Promote EITC, VITA, and 2-1-1 efforts; and
- Expand statewide partnerships.