United Ways of Tennessee is the association of 38 United Ways in our state, coming together for collective action. As our state's leading community solutions provider, United Way is the driving force behind many initiatives that provide solutions to our most critical needs.
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of Tennessee United Ways
We are working to advance the common good by focusing on the building blocks for a good life—education, income and health. United Way provides more than $90 million in funding each year to more than 1,200 agencies and programs in Tennessee, and we are also directly involved in initiatives that address crucial community needs, including:
· Crisis response and assistance with basic needs for victims of disasters, such as fires, floods and tornadoes
· Pre-k classrooms for at-risk children
· Free 2-1-1 phone access in every county to find health and human services and volunteer opportunities
· Job skills training for people who want to work
· Health care and other assistance for vulnerable and aging populations
· Food and shelter for those facing tough times
· A safe haven from abuse
· Initiatives creating economic opportunity
· Efforts to ensure our children to succeed in school and graduate
· Statewide infant mortality and obesity prevention
We're glad you're here and thank you for your interest and support!