Education is United Ways of Tennessee's top advocacy priority, as well as our primary topic area for collective action among United Ways in the state. We focus on:
- Afterschool and out-of school time initiatives
- Access to high quality pre-k and child care
- Wonder and Born Learning Trails and other early learning initiatives
- Efforts to improve standards in Tennessee's schools
- Service learning for youth
- Collaborations with the state TN School Boards Association, Education Department, and many others on resources to ensure proficient reading by 3rd grade.
Do you want to help? Link HERE to find out how to raise your hand to become a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor!
For free homework help and test prep resources, link here.