Education is United Ways of Tennessee's top advocacy priority, as well as our primary topic area for collective action among United Ways in the state. Check back here often to learn about:
- Pre-k programs
- Wonder and Born Learning Trails
- Public policy initiatives
- Strategies to improve graduation rates
- After school and out-of-school initiatives
- Race to the top and efforts to improve the quality of teaching
- Service learning for youth
- Collaborations with the state Education Department on resources, proficient reading by 3rd grade and proficient math skills by grade 7
Do you want to help? Link HERE to find out how to raise your hand to become a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor!
We also encourage teachers, families and community members to check out Tennessee's Early Grades Reading Toolkits, with resources to improve and support student learning, as well as ideas to help schools: www.readtennessee.org
For free homework help and test prep resources, link here.